Light yourself up from within and dose your bod with the feel-good. Each sip of this glowing elixir is aimed to up your daily fiber (glowing skin + gut health), micronutrients, alkaline veggie intake *and* help you chill out with our full-spectrum conscious cannabinoids (CBD included) for a hug for one of our body’s most complex systems: our Endocannabinoid System.
Hi there! Laura here, founder of Soul Addict. I’m a huge fan of whole blended juices and have been for the better part of 10+ years since my early 20s. It’s to no wonder why: they’re *super* easy to make + very budget-friendly (no juicer required, just your OG blender!) + can be easily adjusted with veggie/fruit you have on-hand + help to heal the foundation of our health: OUR GUT! As a big believer that food is important information we’re feeding our body everyday, I’ve always loved the idea that helping it ‘read’ lots of good information can be easy and dare I say it– taste good.
So, WTF is a ‘whole blend juice'(?) you might ask and what does it have to do with CBD? In short, instead of straining out the fiberous material of the plants you’re ‘juicing’, you keep em’. They stay in their whole plant form and aren’t strained through a mesh of some sort. This means you throw whatever ingredients you want into a blender and blast them until it’s very juice-like, but you still have loads of micronutrients and *lots* of fiber left inside. I first learned the magic of these babies by way of Kimberly Synder back in 2008 when I was in college in NYC. She has since gone on to work with conscious-healing individuals like M.D. Deepak Chopra and has written quite a many NYT’s best-sellers (this one is my forever go-to!) on food-as-medicine.
As a founder of a conscious cannabis brand, educating on the importance of our Endocannabinoid System’s health and helping heal it through the use of cannabinoids- I simply love the idea of merging these two worlds: my love of food-and-plants as healing medicine. 🙂 I see a lot of overthinking within the cannabis world, when we merge healing foods and plants I truly believe magical things can happen in how we feel our best.
WHY WE LOVE IT
SA CBD ELIXIR • Our CBD is an organically grown, third-party lab tested full spectrum CBD oil. We’re a farm-first cannabis brand, so we actually grow the hemp ourselves here in Western North Carolina. AKA: we have full control over every hemp flower that goes into our line of products.
CBD works within our body’s Endocannabinoid System receptors. When we ingest cannabinoids this is the system CBD works with and is essentially an ‘information molecule’ that can help balance our mood, sleep, nervousness, focus, stress responses just to name a few.
CBD has been shown to help empower anxiety, stress, menstrual cramps, inflammatory disorders, pain management, possessing anti-tumor properties, treating nausea and vomiting, being a neuroprotectant to helping to combat anxiety and much more. Still canna-curious? We did a more in-depth guide here for more about CBD.
CILANTRO • Some love it, some hate it, but cilantro is one of the most cleansing and healing foods on the earth. Helps detox our system from heavy metals, a powerful blood cleanser, skin-health booster, empowers oxidative stress (through the flavonoid quercetin) , helps with anxiety (!!!! here’s the peer-reviewed study that found in high levels it helped as much a valium). The list really goes on. We should all be eating it, even if we hate it (sorry not sorry). FYI, though: if you do really really hate it like my Mother, you can omit it for Parsley. 😉
CELERY • Unpopular opinion: I believe blended celery juices vs. actually juicing celery is more beneficial. That’s because when you juice celery a lot of the ‘good stuff’ is lost. And as buzzy as it may be (I really hate trending foods- I know, don’t get me started with CBD), it heals. It’s truly a beautiful food that does wonders for our gut health and helping heal it from years of eating processed foods in my own experience.
It also contains natural electrolytes that are needed to help replenish our body’s water content and is even higher when blended down vs. juiced. Here’s some studies (no, it’s not a lot of data, but still) because science rocks and trends are dumb.
GINGER • Ginger is one of my favorite raw add-ins for whole blend juices. It’s a nice balance of a technically ‘warming’ herb/spice addition in this recipe as I don’t believe drinking/eating cold things during winter (per my love of semi-practicing Ayurvedic eating principles) is especially beneficial to our gut health. Though, whole blend juices is a good in-between when you still don’t want to sacrifice the beauty that’s in raw food; micronutrients, vitamins and minerals.
SA Celery Cilantro CBD Gingeraid Glow Juice
- Soul Addict CBD Elixir (either 1 or 2 oz will do): 3-to-4 full droppers of organically-grown, full spectrum SA CBD Elixir
- 1 head of organic romaine lettuce, washed and cut
- 1 bunch of celery stalks, washed and cut
- 1 handful (fyi: I grab a lot in one handful) of organic cilantro
- 1/2 thumb of ginger root (i.e. take a small piece from whole ginger root), minced or chopped finely if you don’t have one
- 2 handfuls of organic spinach
- Sweetener options: if you’re new to juice you can a few options – you can add half a bottle of Big Island Organics Gingeraid (sweetened with agave and not refined sugar! Found at most health grocery stores throughout the US) OR you can add 1/2 pear
- Filtered water: I tend to eye it, because depending on your blender size you might need to adjust servings, but anywhere from 3-4 cups is average and this recipe is make-ahead and serve for a few days
- Blender, most blenders are powerful enough to chop all the above with added filtered water.
- Add all veggie & fruit ingredients into your blender, ensuring your volume of ingredients is more/less depending on blender capacity. Add or subtract ingredients as needed.
- Add filtered water, again ensuring volume of water is a good ratio to veggie/fruit volume.
- Add Soul Addict CBD Elixir. Note you can go up or down on dosing your juice as-needed or as you like. I tend to like a full dropper per cup of juice as you need a little more in order to ensure potency as it’s not being taken sublingually. Meaning the bioavailability of CBD mixed into beverages does go down a bit when having to move through our metabolism.
- Blend on high for up to 3-4 minutes ensuring all ingredients are comparable to juice, no pieces of veggies or fruit should be left behind. 😉
- Pour and enjoy all the good stuff you’re getting in! Save the rest in the fridge for up to 5 days. Can make-ahead and freeze/thaw as-needed for meal planning.
Whole blend juicing tip from a pro: If you need to make two runs with the ingredients listed above, you can always do that and add both batches together in a pitcher.